Metrics and your privacy

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 23 11:18:31 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 08:44 +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
> If you want to ensure that the connection is made, and only made once,
> you can do that client-side.

Much the best solution I've seen so far.  Give the user the option to
participate in the statistics, let the box record that it's made its
contribution, on itself, so it won't prompt the user to do it again.

Of course no system will prevent abuse.  You'll have those who want
Fedora to seem more popular than it is, as well as those who don't want
to be counted.

I read messages from the public lists.