Partitioning when installing FC6 on Mactel

Carles Cufi carles_cufi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 19:27:11 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Hope this is not off topic since this regards Fedora
on Mactel.

I was reading this Wiki page on Fedora on Mactel:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraOnMactel

I used BootCamp to resize my Mac OS X partition on my
MacBook Pro and then rebooted into the Fedora Core 6
installer.

When you run the anaconda installer, it offers you
several options:

- Remove all partitions and autopartition
- Remove all Linux partitions and autopartition
- Autopartition on free space

If I use the custom mode to see what partitions are
there I see:

VFAT (very small)
HFS+ (big)
Free Space (very small)
Foreign (big, created by BootCamp)

So given that there are no Linux partitions and 1
Foreign partition,
what option should I use to autopartition? Should I
delete the Foreign
partition first?

Thanks in advance!

Carles