New to Fedora, struggling with wireless

Cecilia Lunardini cecilialunardini at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 02:58:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

ok, I started to follow the clemson guide
(http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2-ipw2200.shtml)
step by step, until I had to stop because I was
getting errors.

I attach a log of what I have done.  Steps that do not
appear in the log looked successful so I haven't
copied them down.

My understanding is that I have a problem with the
mirrorlist (not sure what it is) and with gcc.

In the log you also see that I have tried to unistall
the version 1.1.11 of ieee80211, and I get an error
there too, perhaps because the installation of it was
unsuccessful in the first place (I tried it as an
experiment some time ago). So, probably I can forget
about ieee80211-1.1.11 altogether.

I did not continue after the failed installation of
ieee80211-1.2.15, but I rebooted and checked if the
wireless card was detected.  It wasn't.

Any ideas? Thank you so much for helping!

Cecilia

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/detail_desc.aspx?Product

http://new.mail.yahoo.com