Can't bring up Fedora Core 6

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Fri Nov 24 02:56:45 UTC 2006

After installing Fedora Core 6, I couldn't get it to boot.

The first time, I tried installing it with gnome and kde. Note that I
tested the media before installation. When I tried to boot it after
installation, it hung at syscall_call+0x7/0xb.

I tried another installation, this time with just gnome (I figured I
could install kde after the system was up). When I tried to boot it
after install, I got

Mounting local filesyste          [Failed]
Enabling local filesystem quotas  [OK]
Enabling /etc/fstab swaps

It was at this point that it hung. I fell back to ubuntu edgy (which I'm
trying to get away from) in order to get my system back up.

Can anyone offer any help? I can't get Fedora up at all.

---Michael