Problem with Samsung SyncMaster215tw

Jim Patterson jim_patterson at comcast.net
Fri Nov 24 09:40:23 UTC 2006

I have been trying to get the screen to X window to fit with my screen,
but have not had any luck when using Fedora 6.  I works fine with RHEL 4
but after installation of F6 I haven't been able to get the screen to
match up.  I have played around some with the H-sync and V-sync but have
not been able to find one where I can see the tray at the bottom.  This
is a 1680x1050 resolution screen, but the best I can get is 1440x900
which still has the problem with the vertical being too large.

I also have been having trouble with the mouse disappearing when I try
different resolutions.

My xorg.conf file
-------------------------------
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "XaxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        ModelName    "SyncMaster 215TW"
        DisplaySize  450        280
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
        HorizSync    30.0 - 80.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 75.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1280x800" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600"
"640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection