trying to install fc6 from a seperate 10G HDD on a laptop and can't get the HDD to boot after formatting and dd ing the bootdisk.img...

sport sport-light at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 24 09:56:12 UTC 2006

I have an Insperon 8600 with two hard disks, one that I want to install
fc6 on that is 60GB, and one 10GB drive that I have the dvd iso mounted
on along with a vfat partition that is bootable.  I used dd to put the
image in the images directory called bootdisk.img on the /dev/hdc1
partition of the 10G drive, and can read it, but it won't boot when I
change the BIOS or hit f12 for boot hardware selection.  I know disks
will boot, because I have an fc4 hdd that will.  Also, I don't currently
have a cdrom drive that works, so this is my work around.

Can anyone help?

Thanks