Yum upgrade damage 3 of my systems yesterday

Julian Rios jrios at sapian.org
Fri Nov 24 12:54:29 UTC 2006

And remember my problem:

# startx

could not init .... unix/:7000
FATAL: Not found font 'fixed'

This error is because XFS is not listening. The problem target is XFS.
Now, XFS say this:

# service xfs start
 Starting XFS .... OK

# service xfs status
xfs was died, but pid file found

# xfs
Many of errors indicating:
Ignoring font path element tararara (path of the fonts) (bad
descriptor font path)
FATAL: Element #0 bad font path ....