We need a Yast in Fedora

ded my.accountnow at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 24 17:45:34 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:20:55AM -0500, jim tate wrote:
> I have been to a couple of meetings here in
> Indiana, USA and Indiana is working at present to move all it's school
> desktops/servers to Suse

And before Suse they used?

> becaues they
> think that Yast is the one App. that makes
> Linux easy to work with and I agree.

I liked Yast when I used Suse, but I think that really what you are
referring to is Yast2 or whatever. Yast when I used Suse was a CLI.

> They like Fedora but it doesn't have a Yast type App.
> It wouldn't be hard to make a Gui like Yast in Fedora

This reminds me of when a group of about six people tried to push
Yast into Debian :)
However, since it's not a big programming chore (as you put it
"wouldn't be hard") why don't you adapt Yast for FC and submit it
for inclusion?

Regards,
Dan
--