New install of FC6, httpd won't start at boot

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 25 04:28:23 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 23:16, linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
>On Friday 24 November 2006 18:45, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 16:37 -0500,
>
>linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
>> > httpd fails at boot with no message as to why it
>> > failed.
>> >
>> > I run
>> >
>> > ]# service httpd start
>> >
>> > and get
>> >
>> > Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 170
>> > of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
>> > load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so into
>> > server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open
>> > shared object file: No such file or directory
>> >
>> > [FAILED]
>> >
>> > I committed the line and the same thing happened on the
>> > next line.
>> >
>> > Someone said that mod_access.so does not exist from FC5
>> > on so why is this in the conf file if that is correct?
>> >
>> > I don't know what else to check to get httpd to start.
>> >
>> > Any help will be appreciated,
>> > Jack
>>
>> FC6 has no mod_access.so nor does that appear in the
>> httpd.conf file. The correct version of httpd on FC6 is
>> something like htppd-2.2.3-5
>>
>> When you run: rpm -qa |grep httpd
>> what is returned?
>
>system-config-httpd-1.3.3-1.1.1
>httpd-manual-2.2.3-5
>httpd-2.2.3-5

Many Thanks for the trigger message that I should check it as it doesn't
start here either.  Its not a majorly used item here however.

I have all that above:
[root at coyote sa]# rpm -qa |grep httpd
system-config-httpd-1.3.3-1.1.1
httpd-2.2.3-5
httpd-manual-2.2.3-5

But httpd is still a non-starter.  Next suggestion?

TIA

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)