Fedora 6 install problems

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Nov 25 13:21:30 UTC 2006

Ivan Kronkvist wrote:

>> Personally, if I had that much trouble I would try
>> installing from the hard disk, if you have enough
>> space on it.
>
> I have plenty space, but how do I get the install
> image on there if I cannot boot up?

If it were me - but I don't set up as a Linux guru -
I would get Knoppix, or similar,
use this to partition your disk as you wish,
and to transfer the ISO images.

Alternatively, if you have Windows installed,
create a VFAT partition under Windows,
and transfer the ISO images to that, under Windows.
The Linux installation should be able to use these.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366