CD mount issues

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Sat Nov 25 17:58:51 UTC 2006

I recently installed FC5. When I first installed, if I inserted a CD I got a
KDE dialog asking if I wanted to open in a new window, do nothing, etc. I
also got a CD icon on my desktop once I inserted a CD.

Now after several rounds of updates and installing additional software none of
this works. I tried to manually set it up by adding the icon myself and
pointing it to /dev/scd0

then I added this to my /etc/fstab (I'm not sure if these options are
correct/appropriate)

/dev/scd0      /media/cdrecorder
auto,fs=cdfss,procuid,nosuid,users,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Now if I insert a CD I still dont get the KDE dialog but I also get "Only root
can mount /dev/scd0" if I click on my CD desktop icon.

Any Ideas how to get the original behavior back?

Thanks in advance...