Ubuntu reaches out to embarrassed SuSE devs

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Nov 26 02:14:18 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 18:03 -0800, Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 01:38 +0000, Manuel Moreno wrote:
> > Let laws for the lawyers and let judgments for the judges.
>
> Unfortunately, the lawyers and judges are usually the ones who
> understand the situation the least.
----
having worked with a group of patent lawyers very much involved in the
prosecution of technology patents, I have a different opinion of what
they understand.

That is not to say that they are not without their shortcomings, after
all, they are lawyers. The judges however are not necessarily
technically knowledgeable and that is both a blessing and curse. A
blessing because they might not bring misconceptions.

Craig