can't play avi file

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sun Nov 26 07:31:56 UTC 2006

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 23:51 -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:
>
>>Lonni J Friedman wrote:

>>>This looks highly unlikely to be a mplayer problem.  You've got some
>>>kind of X resource problem.  Where can we get this file?
>>>

>>Lonni,
>>
>>Here is the link to the low-res 539MB file I downloaded:
>>http://videoarch1.s-inf.de/FP.2005-SS-Giesl.(COt).HD_Videoaufzeichnung/2005-SS-FP.V01.2005-04-12.HDV_low.avi
>

> I got it to start playing some file about the german language, then I
> got an error message stating that the site was taking too long to
> respond. So, it might be on their end. Ric

It is a video of a session of a course on Haskell, a functional
programming language, at a German University.

I'm very disappointed I can't play the videos on my computer. I
was looking forward to watching the videos to learn more about
Haskell. Someone who has watched some of the videos recommends
them highly.

Darlene