How to prevent locking? -- update (of sorts)

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sun Nov 26 15:55:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:11:08 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> I'm running xscreensaver-demo under FC6; I want it not ever to lock my
> screen nor request a password. I've tried unchecking the box; I've tried
> checking it with 0 as the time. Those used to work. What do I have to do
> now??

Yesterday I thought to try the Configuration Editor in the GUI under
System Tools. (Properties gives the command as gconf-editor.) Under Apps
it has an item for gnome-screensaver, but none for xscreensaver (whose
command, acording to Properties, is xscreensaver-demo).

So, being very irritated with the locking, I tried that. It does have an
item for "lock-enabled" -- which was checked on the irritating machine,
and not on another that wasn't doing it. So I unchecked it.

That seems, so far, to have done what I wanted. The difference in names
makes me a little uneasy, though. Have I set a trap for myself somewhere
down the road? Or is there a confusion of names for one app in FC6??

Fedora Core 6; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.119; Privoxy 3.0.3;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.16, Opera 9.02, Firefox 1.5