Backups

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sun Nov 26 23:07:32 UTC 2006

Michael Satterwhite <michael at weblore.com> wrote:

> When running kubuntu, I used the dar backup program. I don't see it in
> the Fedora repositories. Is there something that the Fedora users
> recommend - or is this one I need to compile and install?
A lot depends on what all you need to back up.  Single machine at home?
Small network with server?  Small business?  Something bigger?  What
sort of back up hardware (tape drive, tape changer, DVD recorder, disk
to disk)?

I'm real happy with amanda but I'm in the small network bucket.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce