What's a good lock box ??

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 23:40:20 UTC 2006

Scott van Looy wrote:
> Today Grumpy did spake thusly:
>
>> On Monday 27 November 2006 06:52, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>> There is no law that says a computer must be on the internet ...
>> Just wait until M$ gets going on that already you have to have net
>> access to
>> activate Windows
>
> No you don't. We'll see if you do with Vista, but I'm guessing they'll
> not make that mandatory either...

I only had cell phones and no land line when my wife bought her a
laptop. We could not register at home even though we had high speed. We
had to wait and register when we brought the laptop over to a person who
had a land line to register. Some people say that they never had to
register, but authentication of the license had to be performed in some
manner.

Since XP was able to survive so long without getting another OS out,
vista will probably follow suit with policies that XP had regarding
registering in some way or it works even less than it usually does.

Jim

--
Jones' First Law:
	Anyone who makes a significant contribution to any field of