Gremlins with FC6 on Dell Optiplex GX270...

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 02:01:50 UTC 2006

Cris Rhea wrote:
> I made the jump to FC6 over the long weekend--
>
> Fresh install on a Dell Optiplex GX270 and installed all updates:

No fresh install on it, but the upgrade to FC6 is working great on the
GX270 I am using. I have an Intel 82865G video however.

> Most initial problems have been worked out, but I have a few gremlins...
>
> 1. Running a Radeon 7000/VE card with two monitors connected via the DVI
>    splitter.  System->Admin->Display will allow me to configure the second
>    monitor, but it will not save the configuration (the button simply does
>    nothing-- xorg.conf is not written).  I pulled my xorg.conf file
>    from backups (when machine was running FC2 and that config works-- although
>    I do have some sparkles depending on how "busy" the displays are).
>    I have not downloaded any proprietary drivers-- should I?

s-c-display is pretty sensitive to out of the ordinary xorg.conf files
and as you say, it will not save the changes if customization is too
great or just enough for the program design not to function.

I do not know about problem 2 on up though.

Jim

--
Jones' First Law:
	Anyone who makes a significant contribution to any field of