Getting Fedora to work

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 28 02:42:46 UTC 2006

ulrich:
>> I think it's a good idea to have the systems XP und FC on different
>> drives.

Timothy Murphy:
> Why?
> What difference does it make?

Ease of updates, for either.  You can, very *simply* wipe off an entire
disc and re-use it.

You can unplug one drive, and work with the other by itself.  That can
be handy for sorting out problems.

If you want to optimise what partitions are where on the disc, to speed
up access seeking, it's easier to do so for either OS, individually.

It's really only physical issues, like those, that I can see as reasons
for doing it.

I read messages from the public lists.