Firefox doesn't recognize flash using nspluginwrapper

Charles Tuckey charles at tuckey.ca
Tue Nov 28 03:20:24 UTC 2006

I can't get the flash player plugin to work using nspluginwrapper. I
have checked with google and I can't find anyone else who has had this
problem. At least if they used the latest version of nspluginwrapper
and installed it correctly.

The details:
- kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 x86_64
- firefox 1.5.0.8, 64 bit
- nspluginwrapper 0.9.90.4
- flash player version 7.0.68.0

Install flash plugin:
> nspluginwrapper -i /tmp/32bit/libflashplayer.so
> nspluginwrapper -l
     /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
     Original plugin: /tmp/32bit/libflashplayer.so
     Wrapper version string: 0.9.90.4
> ls /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
      mplayerplug-in-dvx.so  mplayerplug-in-rm.so  mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
      npwrapper.nppdf.so mplayerplug-in-qt.so   mplayerplug-in.so
      npwrapper.libflashplayer.so  npwrapper.so

But about:plugins doesn't show the flash player as a plugin and it
won't work (obviously).

As a test, I installed the  adobe acrobat plugin and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,
    Charlie