We need a Yast in Fedora

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 06:15:21 UTC 2006

> > > ----
> > > linuxconfig
> > >

> > Yes! Owww! Now my head hurts from Total Rekall. I'm in the way-back
> > machine with flashy lights around my head, bound at the feet and wrists,
> > and thrashing around with eyeballs bulging from the remembrance of it.
> > Ow! Ow! Head - hurts - bad! Was it Linuxconfig or Linuxconf? Ow! That
> > hurt too. Ow! I'll just think of 'yum'. Ow! rpm? Ow!
> > system-network-config? OW OW! I'm gonna turn this thing off and take an
> > aspirin. It all hurts. Ric
>
> Linuxconf - and the thing it really did wrong was that it would
> rewrite and "fix" _all_ of your config files even if you
> were just trying to tweak one little thing.  So you could
> expect sendmail to be restored to its broken-as-delivered
> state every time you added a user or something.

God, yes Les! It was sendmail that I finally had working, after a week
or so banging on it. For some damn reason I cranked up Linuxconf and 2
minutes later I was bellowing like a male calf turned into a steer. All
hell broke out on the Caldera List I recall. Ow! Now I'm really going to
bed! Ow! I pray I don't dream about it! Ric