How does FC run on Dell Insiration?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Nov 28 16:18:06 UTC 2006

dj+fedora at delorie.com wrote:

> Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> writes:
>> The Intel 3945 card works great with Network Manager here,
>> connecting to a WPA2 Personal AP.
>>
>> Are there particular errors you get from the card reader or from
>> the wireless card with Network Manager?
>
> My ipw3945 still doesn't work with NetworkManager.
>
> I put syslog, some rpm info, and uname at
> http://www.delorie.com/tmp/NM.txt
>
> I have the cards inactive and removed from the system-config-network
> profiles, the AP is wide open at the moment, I poke the button to
> get it to retry and get the messages in the above URL.
>
> Ideas?

Sorry, I don't have any good ideas there.  I've gotten similar output
from NM but that seemed to only happen when I had the stock kernel
ieee80211 drivers and I can see that you have 1.2.15 drivers from
ATrpms.  Perhaps there are differences due to the types of AP and the
configuration on that AP that make a difference?

Maybe someone more knowledgable about NM issues could point out
something obvious or give some hints on how to better debug the
problem?  Matthew Saltzman perhaps?

The things most people want to know are usually none of their
business.