Proposed changes for fedora

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 17:32:39 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 12:51, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >>      I agree wholeheartedly.  Although I have never had any problems
> >> with installing Fedora, it is still a good idea to have a short survey
> >> after the installation (assuming, of course you are able to complete the
> >> installation) where people can sound off on how their individual
> >> installation went or how it can be improved.
> >
> > OK - 300,000 installs in 3.5 weeks.  Would you be prepared to sort the
> > wheat from the chaff in these reports?
>
> So what you are saying is,
> there are so many problems we are going to ignore them?
>
> Or else you believe there are very few problems,
> in which case you would find 99% say "No problem encountered".
>
> I would have thought it would be relatively easy
> to set up a multiple choice survey
> which would give an immediate picture of users' experience.

I neither said, nor implied, anything at all about the number of problems.  I
spoke of the number of installs, and, therefore, the number of potential
replies to the questionnaire.  Consider the man hours that would be required
to evaluate the replies - and without evaluation they would be useless.

Anne