SUSPECT: Re: "Upgrade existing system"

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Tue Nov 28 18:07:13 UTC 2006

I successfully upgraded my servers FC1->FC2->FC3->FC4->FC6
 (skipping FC5 stage) via Internet (i.e. by downloading RPM's from FTP
servers and upgrading under remote access via SSH, as I had no physical
access to some servers). I did not found any significant problems during
these upgrade stages (which were made at different times, as the new FC
distributions were released). However, most of the programs which were
built from source directly at the servers required recompilation (or
upgrade) after upgrading to a newer FC release.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com