PC Speaker... yet again

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Nov 28 23:00:36 UTC 2006

Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at comcast.net> writes:
>
>> If those sliders are not showing, same thing as above, go into Edit,
>> then Preferences and make sure that it is checked.
>
> Actually, it has no "PC Speaker" category.  (I've never seen a desktop
> with the speaker being controlled by the audio card.)

I have both a laptop and desktop system where the PC speaker output
is routed through the sound card. Just about every sound card I have
run across, back to the original Sound Blaster ISA card, have had an
input where you could connect the PC speaker output from the
motherboard. I can be handy to be able to control the speaker volume
 in the mixer...

Mikkel