How does FC run on Dell Insiration?

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Wed Nov 29 02:28:31 UTC 2006

> From: "Terry Snyder" <terryjr386 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: How does FC run on Dell Insiration?
> To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> I followed all of the instructions on http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/
> for the Intel Proset Wireless card.  There was a firmware package that
> was part of the download.  So far I haven't been playing with it
> enough to get the cards drivers to load on boot with out having to
> manually run the load script.
>
> If anyone knows how to get it to load at startup I would like to here
> it.  I have added some things to the modprobe.conf file and the
> rc.local file but it still doesn't run the script.

If it helps, I can get the wireless to run at boot time by using
system-config-network and choosing to "Activate at Boot".  Bear in mind that
I'm dealing with the 2915 instead of the 3945; though it appears that they
have a similar approach to the drivers.  Same deal using a Broadcom card and
the bcm43xx driver; once everything is tweaked in, system-config-network
does what I want.

I've seen postings that mention success using NetworkManager, but it didn't
seem to help me very much when I dabbled with it.  You might find some good
pointers in the list archives about it.

Erik