can't play avi file

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:27:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 23:31 -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:

> I'm very disappointed I can't play the videos on my computer. I
> was looking forward to watching the videos to learn more about
> Haskell. Someone who has watched some of the videos recommends
> them highly.

I think the prob is to find something that will play back HDV, which I
assume is High Def Video... I assume. Googling finds users using
Cinelerra from Freshrpms. I'm dnloading it and you might do the same.
See if it will accept either the stream or the file for viewing. This is
really troublshooting with a shotgun, but I wanted to see if I could
make that file go for my own self! Good luck and Good Night. Ric