Unable To Write To DVD

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Nov 29 04:03:32 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     I have an IBM ThinkPad T-30 and I recently bought a DVD+RW drive
>> to use with it.  I had downloaded a DVD iso file from one of the
>> Fedora Core 6 mirrors.  When I try to write the iso file to a DVD +R
>> disk, I continue to get the error "The data does not fit on disk.
>> The .iso file is 3.3G and the disk is 4.7G.  What gives?  I am using
>> K3b to burn the data to the disk but I continue to come up with this
>> problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>>

> I had trouble before with Nero not setting the device to DVD on the
> other OS. I had to manually change the setting. Is your device setting
> set correctly for the DVD mode?
> It's a long shot but I was throwing out one possibility.
>
> Jim

Well, it seems to play DVD videos  fine.  There seems to be a problem in
writing DVD .iso files to disk.  I never had this problem in the past.
I check summed the file and everything seems to be okay with it.
Perhaps  it is the file itself, but I downloaded it twice from two
different mirrors and still the same problem.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103