follow-up on adding second drive

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Wed Nov 29 05:19:58 UTC 2006

I searched keywords "add second drive linux" and followed steps to add
second drive.  Went smoothly.  I originally had intended to store data
files on second drive.  They are not there now.  I suspect it had
something to do with the files being stored in /mnt/ on the first drive,
rather than in hdb2 on the second drive, because that's what LVM does.
Is that right?  Should I have done something prior to reinstall of hda
in order to save the data under the /mnt directory?
Tom