Proposed changes for fedora

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 06:44:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 19:39 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:

> The survey requirement reminds me of the attitude that some had during
> RHL days. Most people even refused to complete the surveys when it was
> conditional to get free RHN access for retrieving updates.
>
> IMO, the survey would hit people the same way. They would find these
> surveys invasive.
>
> I replied to the surveys and kept my RHN access during the time. I did
> not find them invasive but a chance to help improve the distro.

I remember those days, and the ranters, flamers and knee-biters made me
crazy on that list. I went to Caldera, where the atmosphere was more
like a warm friendly Olde English Pub... more like what we have here now
than what used to be, 6-7 years ago. It was one dog fight after another.
Caldera was about $125 when RHL was what, $29? We had a more genteel
Republican crowd there. <ducks and weaves> Ric