Proposed changes for fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 29 10:37:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 12:32 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> OK - 300,000 installs in 3.5 weeks.  Would you be prepared to sort the
> wheat from the chaff in these reports?

That's what computers are for...

If the post-install questionaire listed a few things like:  Did it
install without errors?  Could you easily pick the packages you needed?
And so on, with multiple choice answers (yes/no/fair/no comment), those
outputs could be graphed, and you can see the trends without needing to
read all the reports, individually.

Of course, you assess other things in other ways.  Such as someone
reporting they're providing a solution to a fault during the
installation, handles that part of the response separately.  Likewise if
you allow free-form commentary, though you'd give that sort of thing
less priority.

I read messages from the public lists.