Firefox doesn't recognize flash using nspluginwrapper

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 29 16:11:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 19:38 -0700, Charles Tuckey wrote:
> I should have been more specific about acrobat. It shows up in
> about:plugins but it doesn't work as a plugin - nothing shows up when
> I click on a pdf link.
>
> charlie

Look at the section of the /etc/mozpluggerrc:

application/pdf: pdf: PDF file
application/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
#       repeat swallow(documentShell) fill: acroread -geometry +9000
+9000 +useFrontEndProgram "$file"
#       repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"
repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill:  /usr/bin/acroread "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(gv) fill: gv -safer -quiet -antialias
-geometry +9000+9000 "$file"

I commented out the xpdf line and added an acroread line. That will do
the trick.

There is also a plugin available either from Adobe in their tar ball or
there is a separate AdobeReader plugin rpm that puts the plugin in:
/usr/lib/firefox.x.x.x/plugins that will make adobe reader work in
firefox.

Come, let us hasten to a higher plane, Where dyads tread the fairy
fields of Venn, Their indices bedecked from one to _n, Commingled in an
endless Markov chain! -- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net