Ubuntu reaches out to embarrassed SuSE devs

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 29 16:55:06 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 09:18, Ingemar Nilsson wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> writes:
>> Thats not something that looks appetizing to M$ unless they've
>> completely lost their corporate mind.
>
>It may happen though if it would look like a sizeable part of MS were
> about to go down the toilet. If they wouldn't have anything to lose,
> they'd be at it in a minute.

Possibly.  But the scenario I see is that we are nibbling M$ to death like
ducks, and that to remain salient, M$ will, as Linus has said, be forced
to change their business colors a bit.  While the current shift seems
rather miniscule, it does appear to be in the right direction.  Whether
it will presage a new era in Redmond remains to be seen.

The trigger for your version would almost have to be the result of a court
verdict that swung the balance of power away from M$ in one swell foop.
Even then I suspect it would only be considered as a possible course of
action by those who've been drinking the M$ supplied koolaid too long and
their resultant IQ has gone into the toilet.  What percentage of those
there would be in the legal dept I leave for a M$ student exercise. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)