FC6 and Network

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Wed Nov 29 17:10:34 UTC 2006

Thanks.
That netmask is correct for my class "C" network.

________________________________

From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Javier Perez
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:05 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: FC6 and Network

On 11/29/06, Ferguson, Michael <ferguson at brvmlaw.com> wrote:

	G'Day List,

	I just loaded FC6 and like it much. I have a little problem that I cannot lick.
	I have loaded earlier versions of FC plus RHES 3 and 4 and they all got on to my Win2K3 network with any problems.

	This new FC6 install gets DHCP'd fine.
	ifconfig confirms that it got 192.168.131.66/255.255.248.0 however, I cannot ping any other IP addresses on the LAN.
	I get a Destination Host Unreachable. Firewall is disabled. SELinux is disabled.

	Did I miss something here? Any pointers will be much appreciated.

	Thanks

Is that netmask right? Shouldn't it be /255.255.255.0 ?

Javier

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at pananet.com