How to configure wireless network card

Michael P. Brininstool mikepb at hoplite.org
Wed Nov 29 19:43:04 UTC 2006

What package is NetworkManager in?

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Matthew Saltzman
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 11:06 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: RE: How to configure wireless network card

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Michael P. Brininstool wrote:

> I do not have a ~/.gconf/system directory at all....

Then you aren't using NetworkManager.

Most of the settings you care about can be manipulated in
system-config-network.  Most of those are in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*.

If you use NetworkManager, profiles of wireless networks you have visited
are kept in the .gconf subdir and keys are kept in your GNOME keyring.

 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs