FC6: why is microphone always disabled after reboot

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Nov 30 08:46:13 UTC 2006

On Thu November 30 2006 3:15 am, Pavel Lisý wrote:
> Skype is newest version 1.3.0.53_API, device set to ALSA
>
> Is it problem of gnome/ALSA or skype.
>
> How can I make recording from microphone default?

If you find the answer, please post it. I've been looking as well. Sometimes,
Skype resets the volume from recording from mic after every call to 0 and I
have to bring up my mixer and turn it back up - very annoying... I use KDE,
by the way... In my case, the mic usually stays turned on, but the recording
from mic level gets turned down. However, that's recent, and I have seen
errant behavior with the mic getting turned off as well, in the past.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA