internet access via proxy server

Art Fore art.fore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:14:11 UTC 2006

I am trying to add software and/or update, but machine cannot reach
internet. I know about the proxy for the browser, but setting it still does
not help even the web browser. I cannot even ping my desktop machine from
the server machine, but I can ping the server from the desktop and I can use
NX an/or SSH from the desktop to the server machine. The other machines in
the office can also access the samba shares on the server with windows.

Art