resetting GNOME

fedora-list at amlai.com fedora-list at amlai.com
Sun Oct 1 15:33:00 UTC 2006

I think I've figured this out myself.

First, I didn't realize that the following needed to be run as root:
for i in /etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas ; do
GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule $i > /dev/null; done

After that, I ran this as a user:
gconftool-2 --install-schema-file=desktop_gnome_interface.schemas

-Albert