app doesn't find lib file options

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Oct 1 16:07:13 UTC 2006

tom poe wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> tom poe wrote:
>>> I'm running FC5 and trying to get app called, democracyplayer to launch.
>>> [tom at localhost bin]$ ./democracyplayer
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> - - -snip - - -
>>>     import MozillaBrowser
>>> ImportError: libgtkembedmoz.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
>>> file or directory
>>> [tom at localhost bin]$ locate libgtkembedmoz.so
>>> /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/libgtkembedmoz.so
>>> /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.13/libgtkembedmoz.so
>>> [tom at localhost bin]$
>>>
>>> Is there a way to launch this app?  Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Read their release notes?  :-)
>>
>> https://develop.participatoryculture.org/projects/democracy/wiki/LinuxNotes
>>

> Ed:  The command on that page changed since I first ran it.  Here's
> today's command:
> [root at localhost bin]# echo
> "/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.13">/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mozilla-i386.conf ; ldconfig
> bash: ldconfig: command not found

You probably changed to root via "su" instead of "su -".  In that case you
would not have gotten root's environment which is why ldconfig is not being
found.

So, either "su -" and execute "ldconfig" or if you do "su" then type
/sbin/ldconfig.

Ed

--
Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.