mount windows XP share at linux

Glenn Johnson johnson.glenn at comcast.net
Thu Oct 5 09:20:19 UTC 2006

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> El Jueves, 5 de Octubre de 2006 09:22, Yuandan Zhang escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>> I want mount winxp shared D drive on FC5. i tried
>>
>> mount -t smbfs //192.168.0.111 /mnt/winxp -o
>> user=myuser,domain=mydomain,password=mypasswd
>>
>> but it says, mount does not know smbfs
>>
>> i try to find smbmount command but can't locate it
>>
>> i can use gnome  desktop "Places" => "connect to server" to connect it.
>>
>> any advices, thanks
>>

> You could try it using:
> /sbin/mount.cifs

Here's what works for me. This is a line in my /etc/fstab.
//oldendorff/d /media/sharephoto cifs
username=egon,password="",uid=500,gid=500 0 0
Make sure NETFS is running in services and that 192.168.0.4 oldendorff
is in /etc/hosts file.
Oldendorff is the name of the Windows box. Oldendorff's ip is
192.168.0.4, and it's a static ip.
Works every time.

--
Glenn Johnson