Dual boot fedora and windoz-xp

John Bowden johnbowden43 at gawab.com
Fri Oct 6 01:28:07 UTC 2006

Hi list.
I have just installed Fedora on its own 40GB hard drive on a
dual boot system. I told the installer to use the empty 40GB,
(slave) and go for the default partition - lvm set up. Grub was
installed on the master disk as for default. When I reboot I
don't get any grub screen giving me a choice of o/s , it just
goes straight into xp. Is there a key combination I can press to
get into grub? I have been using Mandriva for about two years so
 I'm not quite a Linux newbie, but I do not have much experience
with Grub, as Mandriva uses Lilo. I rebooted with the Fedora
core 5 DVD and went into the repair option, but not being a
linux comand line expert could not do much with it. I typed
grubconfig and got no recognised command. I then typed grub and
got to a grub - bash like shell, after which typing grub help
gave me a list of options none of which seemed to be much help
to me as a Fedora / grub newbie! Can any one give me some
advice?

registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest
intentions and he was going to blow them up !