FC5 - ISO burning

Antonio Montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:46:38 UTC 2006

2006/10/6, Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org>:
> Paul Smith wrote:
> > On 10/6/06, Antonio Montagnani <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> > I have given up of using k3b, as very often it works wrongly (many
> > wasted disks). The best way is learning how to burn CDs/DVDs with the
> > command line. The following site is quite instructive:
> >
> > http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialCDBurn.html
> >
> > Now, to solve your particular problem, burn your iso with the command:
> >
> > cdrecord -v dev=/dev/dvd -data /tmp/cd-iso-image-file.iso
> >
> > Paul
> >
> That's interesting because I've never had a bad disc created by K3b.
> Unless of course the media itself was bad, which it wouldn't matter how
> you burned it.  k3b has always been rock solid for me no matter what
> burner I've used.
>

> --
> Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.
>
> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415
>
> --

Also for me k3b is rock solid
I think that the problem is connected to burning a bin/cue pair. The
MD5SUM is fine, then I get such an error.
Another comment to burning procedure: it is crazy that I have to
unmount a device if I want to delete a CD/RW: it has to be solved
urgently otherwise people coming from Windows will go back to Windows
(especially non-tech people)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag