Sylpheed-Claws

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Oct 9 08:50:14 UTC 2006

Hello Thufir,

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 07:17:55 +0100 Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:27:23 +0200, wwp wrote:
> [...]
> >> Pardon the delay in responding!
> >
> > Hehe no problem, my own reply came nearly one month after your previous
> > one.
>
> ROFL.
>

> >> Yes, sylpheed claws works fine, but I prefer, so far, to use pan for nntp
> >> (like this list/group).
> >
> > I see. Is that because you were used to pan before trying Sylpheed-Claws?
> > Otherwise, would you detail a bit more your comparison of both products
> > with regards to NNTP features? Do you use Sylpheed-Claws of email like
> > POP or IMAP?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > wwp
>

> I keep meaning to set up POP3 for my gmail accounts, but worry about
> mixing up my public spamtrap (this address) with my real, private,
> address.  So, I haven't done that, yet.  In the past, I did have pine
> configured for POP3 with gmail, and still have that settings file.  Again,
> it's the switching roles/addresses which hinders my adoption of that
> feature--the potential for human error, on my end, seems large.

Well, IMO there's nothing to say to this, as everyone knows better than
others what better fits one's needs. Also, if you can make all you spam to be
managed on a distant server (gmail or other), it's better (than retrieving it
and filtering locally).

> In terms of Pan, I like the tabbed browsing feature, wheras sylpheed-claws
> seemed (?) to only offer panes.

Yes you're right, it's not a feature implemented for now.

Regards,

--
wwp