Reinstalling grub?

fuzzy2 fuzzy2 at yandex.ru
Wed Oct 11 10:08:11 UTC 2006

I had the same problem some time before. This is the sequence of actions that helped me to restoer grub:
1. Boot from Fedora CD/DVD in resque mode. Your fedora partition on HDD will be mounted under /mnt/sysimage.
2. Copy all files related to grub (I found them as *grub*) from /mnt/sysimage/sbin to /sbin (because you are loaded from CD)
3. Check file /mnt/sysimage/boot/grub/grub.conf to have correct values for your partitions
4. Execute command
/sbin/grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/sysimage
5. Reboot system

BR,
Fuzzy