no sound at command line

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 03:01:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 16:33 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 15:21 -0400, Guy Schlosser wrote:
> > Hey all, just wanted to write and see if I can get some help.  I am
> > running Fedora Core 6, test 3 on a P-4 2.8 GHZ HT processor with an
> > AC'97 sound chip.  I can get sound in X Windows, using Gnome and
> > Orca, but when I try to issue commands like:
> > $festival
>
> snip
>
> > Guy
> > P.S. Isn't FC6 final supposed to be released today?  When it is, can
> > I do a yum upgrade or something like that to come up to current?
Only at your peril... only at your peril. Ric's Maxim, "Whenever
possible, fresh re-install to a new distro level." Upgrade is frought
with peril. You may wind up with a broken machine and no way to dnload
and burn the CD's. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256