swatch process always stop after a few days

jim martin postfix168 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 17:56:49 UTC 2006

Hi.. Anyone used swatch before?  I follow the
instruction to run swatch process via the following
command.  It will detect the interesting entries in
/var/log/messages and send email to me

/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/swatch
--config-file=/var/log/swatchrc1
--tail-file=/var/log/messages &

However, I always found that the email stop sending
after a few days. When I go to ps -ef , the swatch
process is still listed there as below.  I just need
to kill it and restart the command. The emsil will
start sending again.  Why it stop ?? Anyone know ?
Any idea how to solve it?

[root at watcher ~]# ps -ef | grep swatch
root     31442     1  0 Oct04 ?        00:00:00
/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/swatch
--config-file=/var/log/swatchrc1
--tail-file=/var/log/centrallog
root     31444 31442  0 Oct04 ?        00:00:00
/usr/bin/perl /root/.swatch_script.31442