Boot fails after change of motherboard (using LVM)

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Fri Oct 13 02:02:06 UTC 2006

On 10/12/2006 12:14 PM Rob Andrews wrote:
> On 12-Oct-2006 17:15.19 (BST), Jeff Voskamp wrote:
>  > Boot the machine with the rescue CD, and get the postinstall and
>  > preuninstall scripts using " rpm -q kernel --scripts".
>  > Rerun them (preuninstall first) and you'll have a shiny new initrd which
>  > should do the trick.
>
> You can get the same effect with the mkinitrd(8) tool.
>
> mkinitrd /boot/initrd-<version> <version>
>
> (where version is, for example, 2.6.18-1.2759.fc6)

This sounded like a great idea and I had hoped it to solve my problem.
Unfortunately it didn't work and I am still getting the same error
message after restarting the system
     Red Hat nash version 4.2.15 starting
      Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while ...
      No volume groups found
      Unable to find volume group "VolGroup00"

Is there anything else I could possibly try?

Thanks

     Volker Englisch

mailto:Volker at Englisch.us    (h)