fc5 - kino-8.0 Q?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Oct 13 04:35:11 UTC 2006

Greetings all;

I got curious because I'm needing to get a wedding vcd made, installed
kino and as much of the support stuff as I could remember for importing
from a Sony TRM-460 digital hi-8 movie camera.  So far, so good, I'm
watching video out of the camera in real time on the kino capture screen

I'm still missing the control functionality that works over the firewire
cable, so I cannot start/stop/pause etc the camera. Kino, in its
preferences, cannot find the controlling device as none are shown in the
multiselector bar for that function.  This did work on my FC2 box 18
months ago with kino-7.5.

Does anyone recall the name of that utility?  ISTR it had some sort of
an ieee number in its filename, but I don't recognize it in the smart
display.

--
Cheers, Gene