Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:08:23 UTC 2006

On 13/10/06, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:
> >What about JFS? I was recommended to convert to JFS by the only linux
> >guru that I personally know. Any comments on it?
>
> I know little about JFS.  As it comes from IBM originally, it should be
> reliable.  You would want to consider availability of tools for resizing,
> fixing, etc.

Well, I'd move all the data off the partition, then format as JFS,
then put the data back. I should have been more specific with my
question: will the standard Ubuntu kernels support JFS? Will I have to
compile my own kernels? Should I just use it for the data partitions,
and leave the filesystem on ext3?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xml.html
http://lyricslist.com/