Firefox - How to play wmv files?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 15 09:01:32 UTC 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 10:31, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 02:08 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> > I'm running FC4 i386. I've installed xine, mplayer, kaffeine, and totem
> > and the win32 codecs. I can get these programs to play wmv files. How do
> > I get Firefox to play them? For example, if I go to www.cnn.com and
> > click on video, it complains about a plugin. I go to edit/preferences in
> > Firefox but it won't let me tell it to use xine or whatever. Any ideas
> > on how to get this to work?
> >
> > Rick B.
>
> http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/FAQ%20MediaPlayerConnectivity.html
>
> I'm using this extension for FireFox and it works like a dream.
> Nary a burp in the barrel. Ric

While the subject will be of little interest to you, I'd be glad if you could
try this site for me.

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/SimpleProduct_ELP.aspx?CS_ProductID=PR1242&CS_Category=&CS_Catalog=Elprojects

Before I installed MediaPlayerConnectivity I had got to the stage where I
could hear the soundtrack but not see the video.  Now all I get is

Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: www.emblibrary.com

Will it play on your setup?

Thanks

Anne