firefox regularly self destructs and closes all instances

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Sun Oct 15 14:39:07 UTC 2006

>  on my constantly updated FC5 system, on a regular basis, a new
> firebox window will be created but with nothing more than the very top
> title bar and nothing else -- no tool bar, no menu bar, no google bar,
> no scrollbar.  and when that happens, deleting that window blows away
> all firefox clients on the system.

I've seen this exact behaviour. So far I've not been to reproduce it though.

The other reproducible crash is trying to play QuickTime videos through a proxy
server. It always crashes Firefox. I've submitted reports via the automated bug
reporter, but it's still occurring in the last couple releases (1.5.07, 1.5.06).
--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan at digitalhermit.com